Traditional Treatments for Today's World
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is an ancient scientific therapy that dates back as far as Egyptian times. It follows the same principles as acupuncture, using pressure points to stimulate the body to restore itself to full health. In reflexology however, the hands are used instead of needles to massage the foot reflexes to bring about this improvement.
Modern day living creates all kinds of physical and emotional stresses and strains. So many illnesses nowadays are stress related. It makes sense to find ways of coping with this draining condition. Tension in the mind creates tension in the body, which can over time lead to various ailments.
Reflexology can play an important role in de-stressing the entire system because it induces deep relaxation and feelings of well-being. Because of this it can be highly effective in treating a large number of common health problems.
What are the benefits of reflexology?
- It promotes relaxation, thus reducing stress and associated disorders
- It helps with spinal pain and muscular tension, headaches, migraines and general aches and pains
- It aids healing in many common digestive, respiratory and circulatory disorders
- It helps release emotional imbalances such as anxiety, depression and insomnia
- It helps balance hormonal conditions in women and can be invaluable throughout pregnancy and afterwards.
- It is extremely therapeutic as a pre and post-operative treatment
Reflexology’s increasing popularity as a complementary therapy is due to its remarkable success in maintaining good health as well as relieving a wide range of physical and emotional complaints.